Thursday, September 27, 2012

You put that Where!? WHAT!? Persimmons!

Like I promised... I have been reading the emails you guys have been sending me so today

 

 I introduce the YOU PUT THAT WHERE!? WHAT!? Thursdays. What is this you ask... 

well is just me introducing you to fruits veggies and all around healthy products you may have never used or even heard off.  Like I said before; I have learned so much after I started eating healthy so I want to share that with you!!! For the inaugural post we have:

Persimmons: 

In color the ripe fruit of the cultivated strains range from light yellow-orange to dark red-orange depending on the species and variety. The flesh has a similar texture to a plum. 

 

Is unique taste is hard to describe even put into words… but here is my best description… The Persimmon taste like a cross between a mango and apricot… So if you have those two fruits take a bite of each at the same time and Boom!!! Persimmon all up in it!... LOL

 

The Persimmon is a native of china and widely grown in Japan. The fruit has a high Tannin content and this makes the fruit in its immature form astringent and bitter, the tannin levels decrease as the fruit matures, giving them its flavor. 

 

This very delightful fruit is very versatile because of the taste complexity. 

 

I only use ripe Persimmons; because they have the best flavor profile. I tend cut them in my salads, use them in my persimmons and peach salsa (recipe coming soon!!!) and Grilled Salmon with Peach-Persimmon Salsa over Basmati Rice.(Recipe coming in October)



The versatility and flavor of the fruit makes for a great fall fruit for various recipes!!! Happy Eating and Bear Hugz!!!


1 comment:

Welcome to my head... now let me in yours.