Saturday, September 15, 2012

What's for Lunch!?

First Happy Saturday everyone!!! There is alot going on in Albany, NY today... I will be at Larkfest after lunch!? Say Hi if your around!!!

Ok so I ask you what is on your plate for lunch!!??? I am having a...

Tomato and Eggplant Mofogo!!! YUMMY YUMM YUMM!!!!



MOFO... what!!! you Aks well... A Mofongo is generally made from fried green plantains which are mashed together in a pilón (which is a wooden mortar and pestle), with broth, garlic, olive oil, and pork cracklings or bits of bacon. It is often filled with vegetables, chicken, crab, shrimp, or beef and is often served with fried meat and chicken broth soup. Mofongo relleno is mofongo stuffed with stewed beef, pork, chicken or seafood, with stewed sauce poured over.

Since Im a vegeterian I dont use any meat, but I wanted to give you guys an idea of what you can do. I also don't fry anything in my kitchen so I just Boiled my plantain!!! A plantain what is that!? Well a Plantain looks Like this!!!

 

Plantain tends to be firmer and lower in sugar content than "dessert" bananas. Bananas are almost always eaten raw, while plantains tend to be cooked or otherwise processed, and are used either when green or unripe (and therefore starchy) or overripe (and therefore sweet). An average plantain has about 220 calories and is a good source of potassium and dietary fiber.

Finally this is what it looks like!!! So tell me... What's for lunch!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my head... now let me in yours.