Monday, September 10, 2012

Who let the Gluten Free Cat out of the bag!?

No.. No This is not a racist post about Chinese people eating cat or cooking them into their fast food or anything... LOL


But is I just wanted to talk about the reason for all the Gluten free/ Vegan recipes... I have many allergies including a few food allergies,

But I am lucky enough to say I do not have

Celiac disease:  

The lining of the intestines contains areas called villi, which help absorb nutrients. When people 

 

with celiac disease eat foods or use products that contain gluten, their immune system reacts by damaging these villi.

 

This damage affects the ability to absorb nutrients properly. A person becomes malnourished, no matter how much food he or she eats.

 

The disease can develop at any point in life, from infancy to late adulthood.

 

That being said... I am a Vegetarian and choose to not eat meat. I wasn't always a vegetarian 

 

Actually I ate many a chicken in my teen years... but once I decided I wanted to make a healthy 

 

life style change and started doing research I found some information on mistreatment of some 

 

farm animals and I decided as an lover of all Animals I could do with giving up All meat. On 

that note... cut to a cute picture of a chic...

 

So I do post many Gluten free Recipes cause I love them... I also Post many Vegan Recipes 

 

because Again I love them and I choose to make them all sexy and delish, but I also eat My 

 

none Shell Fish and Sometimes I have 100% whole grains cause I'm lucky enough too! I don't 

 

consume process foods or fast food or butter, Saturated oils... blah blah.  SO Finally... This Blog 

 

is about my food journey into a healthy me and the foods I eat that help me the best me I can 

 

be!! Thank you for Reading!!! Bear HugZ!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my head... now let me in yours.