Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Panera What!? Vegetarian Garden Vegetable with Pesto Soup

So there will be no Recipe post today...(keep reading for a little surprise) I know BOO BOO.. sorry all, but I blame 

my best Gal Pal Mel. We made plans to go to Lunch; because I had a half day 

today and got out at 11:30. Well lets just say Mel and I KEKE for 4 hours. LOL 

we had a ton... like a ton to talk about we could probably make it a 8 hour lunch... but we 

have things to do. But since I when to Panera let me tell you what I had cause 

even if your eating healthy you can always find something that you eat anywhere. 

 

I mean come on everyone has salads now a days, but the beauty of panera is that they have much more than just salads and the salads they have are just amaze-balls... PANERA IF YOU ARE 

READING THIS ( lol umm shut up I could dream they are) I am going to give 

you guys a FIVE STAR rating on the healthy natural selection of Items!!!!

Ok so I had the...

Low-Fat Vegetarian Garden Vegetable with Pesto

 

A low-fat vegetarian soup with diced tomatoes, sliced zucchini, yellow beans, fresh Swiss chard, cauliflower, bell peppers and pearled barley in a tomato broth. Garnished with a dollop of nut-free basil pesto.  

Just amazing!!! I had a piece of Sourdough bread (cause I haven't had bread in about 2 months) and im glad I did cause dipping the bread in the soup was just delish... am I bloated Yes... do I care NO!!! LOL is not an everyday food.  Finally 

I when and got Frozen Yogurt with Mel and we had an amazing time. 

Now that I think about it I will post a recipe. So I'm going to make this Recipe by what I think was in my soup... so Please don't make this and say is nothing like Panera 

LOL... but if it does then SEND ME A COMMENT on how AWESOME I am!!!! Bear Hugz!!!!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups pearled barley
  • 2 cans tomato broth
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup tomato paste
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/2 cup yellow wax beans
  • 1/2 cup zucchini
  • 1/2 cups onion
  • 1/2 cup cauliflower
  • 1/2 cup red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup Swiss chard
  • 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 teaspoons cilantro
  • 1/4 cup Romano cheese
  • EVOO

Directions:

  1. Prepare tomatoes, onions, zucchini, cauliflower, red bell pepper, and Swiss chard by cutting or slicing in to small chunks.
  2. Mince garlic cloves.
  3. Place olive oil in the bottom of a large pot and heat.
  4. Saute onions, zucchini, red bell pepper and Swiss chard for a few minutes.
  5. Add water, tomato broth, cauliflower and minced garlic to the pot and bring to a boil.
  6. Lower temperature to a simmer. Cover pot.
  7. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
  8. Add Romano cheese, onion powder, cilantro and garlic powder.
  9. Stir until cheese is incorporated into the soup.
  10. Serve soup hot, then garnish with basil pesto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my head... now let me in yours.