Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Shout out to all my Jewish Friends!!!


Today at Sundown is Yom Kippur.

 

Yom Kippur (Hebrew: יוֹם כִּפּוּר‎‎, IPA: [ˈjom kiˈpuʁ], or יום הכיפורים), also known as Day of Atonement, is the holiest day of the year for the Jewish people. Its central themes are atonement and repentance. Jewish people traditionally observe this holy day with a 25-hour period of fasting and intensive prayer, often spending most of the day in synagogue services. Yom Kippur completes the annual period known in Judaism as the High Holy Days or Yamim Nora'im ("Days of Awe").

 

Thank you to my friend Andrew whom wrote a great article and most of the Wikipedia information. For the complete history on it check out the wiki page.

 

All my Jewish friends Enjoy your Holy day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my head... now let me in yours.